New 2016–17 Bell Schedule for All Students
The bell schedule for all Austin ISD students will change this fall because of a new state law measuring the school day in minutes instead of days.
To comply with this new law, AISD must extend the elementary school day. Because of the size of our district and our transportation system, change affects schedules for our middle school and high school students.
After taking into account the feedback from numerous surveys and outreach efforts to families and teachers, the district created the following bell schedule:
2016–17 Bell Schedule
- Elementary schools: 7:45a.m.–2:57 p.m.
- Middle schools: 8:25 a.m.–3:40 p.m.
- High schools: 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Bell times for magnet or other academies that have cross-town bussing will not change, as they will continue to work with the transportation department for maximum efficiency. Below are the bell times for those schools:
- Ann Richards School: 9:15 a.m.–4:35 p.m.
- Fulmore Middle School magnet: 8:07 a.m.–3:34 p.m.
- Kealing Middle School magnet: 7:30 a.m.–2:47 p.m.
- LASA: 8:10 a.m.–3:50 p.m.
For specific questions, please contact your child's campus.