Mandatory Training: AISD Rolls Out BOLT, New Business System
AISD’s new Business Operations for Learning and Teaching—BOLT—rolls out July 1. Thanks for your interest in naming the system—and for the hundreds of suggestions and survey responses.
We continue to work with principals, managers, bookkeepers and timekeepers across the district to implement BOLT, which will better integrate the district's finance and human capital applications.
We also need your help to help ensure a smooth transition.
All AISD Employees: BOLT includes a self-service module to manage time and review payroll and compensation statements.
- Web-based Training for Year-round and Summer Employees Begins June 20: To prepare for the transition, watch the district’s video tutorials, which will be available online through the MyTraining application on the Cloud beginning June 20. The initial videos provide information about how to submit timesheets and requests for vacation and personal and sick leave. There also is a video for employees who use time clocks to check in and out.
- Training for Employees Returning in August: AISD will provide video tutorials for employees throughout the summer. If you do not return to campus until August, please plan to review the video tutorials, which will be available online through the MyTraining application on the Cloud beginning June 20.
Managers, Bookkeepers, Timekeepers and Executive Assistants: BOLT includes a new process to review and approve timesheets and leave requests, as well as to manage requisitions.
- Mandatory Training Begins in June: To help ensure a successful transition, all approvers, requestors and reviewers—including principals, assistant principals, managers, directors, bookkeepers, timekeepers, executive assistants and all employees who use a Purchasing Card (PCard)—must complete one training session in June.
- Registration: Register for your course section in three steps:
- Log on to the Human Capital Platform.
- Enter the course number in the search engine box: TEC.44436.
- Select a section based on your role.
- Refresher Training: AISD offers refresher training July 25-28 and Aug. 1-4.
We will continue to send updates about BOLT—and instructions about how you can prepare for the changes throughout the summer. Please check your emails regularly to stay informed.
If you have any questions, please speak with your principal, bookkeeper or business affairs manager. For information about training, please contact Patricia Potyka at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support as we roll out BOLT, which will help us better serve our team members and 130 school communities.
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Human Capital Officer