LBJ ECHS and LASA Celebrate Seniors
LBJ Early College High School and LASA honored over 440 seniors at their graduation ceremony this morning at the Frank Erwin Center.
Austin ISD Superintendent Paul Cruz recognized LBJ and LASA students’ noteworthy accomplishments this school year:
- Twenty-nine LBJ students graduated from Austin Community College with their associate degree through the Early College High School program.
- Shasirae Harvey was recognized for his achievements in basketball, including offensive MVP, All State, Second Team All Centex and All Region.
- Olivia Crawford was awarded Student of the Year by the Boys and Girls Club and received a $10,000 scholarship from the organization.
- Hilel Lands and Christina Douglin were recognized for receiving the Trustee Award all four years.
- Alex Mancevski served on the School Health Advisory Council and started the Health Through Science program, sponsored by the Dell Medical School and Texas Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Obesity.
- Alex Carter was awarded the Congressional Gold Medal for community service.
Both LBJ Valedictorian Luz Martinez and Salutatorian Lizbeth Salinas talked about graduates’ individual responsibility for their own happiness.
"At the end of the day, it is up to you to be happy,” Martinez said. “We are stepping out into the world and it is our duty to look after ourselves."
LASA Valedictorian Edward Lee talked about showing grit and determination to achieve your goals and Salutatorian Vincent Hao shared words of encouragement and strength with his fellow graduating classmates.
Congratulations to the LBJ ECHS and LASA Classes of 2018! We’re #AISDProud of our #AISDGrads!