Kealing Middle School BPA Students Headed to Orlando
Five students from the Kealing Middle School chapter of the Business Professionals of America (BPA) will travel to Orlando to compete in the organization's 2013 National Leadership Conference. The students will join more than 5,000 other delegates from across the country to compete in business skills competitions, workshops and learning sessions.
"The conference will be the culmination of this year's business education and technology training," BPA advisor Teri L. Bolin said.
The students were chosen to attend the conference based on their performance in qualifying state contests for the national conference. The students and their accomplishments include:
- David Orturno- First in State, Graphic Arts Promo; Second in State, Business Math
- Miracle Wright- Second in State, Graphic Arts Promo
- Jacob Nannapeni- First in State, Business fundamentals; First in State, Business Communication Skills; First in State, Computer Literacy; Third in State, Spreadsheets; Third in State, Extemporaneous Speaking; Third in State, Business Communications Skills
- Ayden Gonzalea- Second in State, Web Design; First in State, Business Communication Skills; Second in State; Computer Literacy
- Keandrea Cobb- Second in State, Web Design
BPA is a national organization for high school, college, and middle school students preparing for careers in business and information technology. The organization’s activities and programs complement classroom instruction by giving students practical experience through application of the skills learned at school. BPA is as a cohesive agent in the nationwide networking of education and business and industry. BPA is contributing to the preparation of a world-class workforce through the advancement of leadership, citizenship, academic, and technological skills.
Join AISD in congratulating these students on their accomplishments and wishing them well when they travel to Orlando this May. Go Hornets!