Bowie High School Honors Class of 2018
Bowie High School honored 670 seniors at their graduation ceremony this evening at the Frank Erwin Center.
The Class of 2018 recorded several noteworthy accomplishments, including:
- Swimmer Diana Dunn placed second in state in the 200 Individual Medley and the 100 Freestyle.
- Alina Kinsey was recognized for being a two-time state medalist and two-time All-State team in wrestling.
- Christian Moren was recognized as a 6A state champion in the 120-pound weight class, making it to the state championship all four years while at Bowie.
- Kathryn Park finished 86th out of 317 violins at state, winning All-State Violin all four years of high school.
- Callie Bedrich and Clarissa Burns both earned micro-majors—a first ever for Bowie’s partnership with UT Austin.
- Bowie journalism students and their newspaper, The Dispatch, were one of 59 papers in the nation nominated for the Columbia Scholastic Press Association Gold Crown Award.
Valedictorian Jennifer Hoang spoke about finding a voice and focus while at Bowie.
“In the face of uncertainty, with nothing to lose and absolutely everything to gain, we found our voice, our true voice," she said
Congratulations to the Bowie High School Class of 2018! We’re #AISDProud of our #AISDGrads!