Austin ISD Announces Schools Frozen to Transfers for 2015–16
Each year, Austin ISD determines which schools should be frozen to transfers because they have, or are expected to have, enrollments that exceed their capacities.
Some schools also are frozen to maintain stability in tracking patterns.
The administration will constantly monitor space in all schools as boundary changes and/or reassignments are approved by the board of trustees.
Parents should be aware of the following:
- Requests for student transfers for the 2015–16 school year will begin on Monday, Jan. 5, 2015.
- Requests may be submitted in person or by mail to the Office of Student Services.
- The deadline for priority transfers is Jan. 30, 2015.
- The first round of the lottery will be Jan. 5–30.
- The application deadline for LASA is Jan. 24, 2015. The deadline for Kealing and Fulmore magnet schools and the Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders is Feb. 6.
High schools frozen to transfers, 2015–16
Middle schools frozen to transfers, 2015–16
Elementary schools frozen to transfers, 2015–16
- Gullett (grades 1, 3, 4 and 5)
- Highland Park
- Lee (grades 4 and 5)
There are also 20 schools that will be monitored and possibly frozen to transfers in 2015–16.
High schools: Austin and McCallum
Middle schools: Kealing, Lamar, Paredes and Small
Elementary schools: Barrington, Bryker Woods, Casey, Cook, Davis, Jordan, McBee, Padron, Perez, Pillow, Ridgetop, Summitt, Wooldridge and Webb Primary Center