AISD Transportation Department Named Among Best 100 in North America
AISD Transportation Department was recognized among the top 100 School Districts Fleets of North America in April 2014 by School Bus Fleet Magazine.
The 100 Best Fleets Program, which is sponsored by School Bus Fleet Magazine, recognizes and rewards peak-performing fleet operations in North America and identifies and encourages increasing levels of performance improvement within the fleet industry. The purpose of the program is to:
- Identify outstanding operations for others to emulate;
- Promote pride in the industry;
- Provide recognition via press releases, awards and recognition within the larger organization and community that the winning fleets serve;
- Provide recognition within the national fleet community;
- Promote ever-increasing levels of productivity and operational effectiveness; and
- Encourage more individuals to consider fleet operations as a career choice.
In a letter announcing the recognition, Tom Johnson, author of the 100 Best Fleets contest, told the department, "To me, you are unsung heroes. Thank you. You lead by example. Your outstanding application reflected fresh thinking with new ideas."
There are more than 38,000 public fleets in North America, Johnson said.