AISD Summer Camps - Enjoy Summertime Fun and Learning
Find the perfect AISD summer camp where your child can make new friends, learn, discover and grow!
Camp Heatwave (grades K-5)
- AISD Camp Heatwave is a day camp for students in grades K-5. The summer program is designed to keep students involved, creatively challenged, physically active and safe during the summer break. Program participants engage in field trips, outdoor recreation, arts and crafts, games, swimming and more. Camp Heatwave is available at Davis, Doss and Mills elementaries. Learn more>
- Highland Park Elementary teachers will lead week-long enrichment courses in the Scottie Camp program from June 4 to June 22. The camps will be held daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to integrate different curriculum areas that aren’t taught during the normal school year. Some camps will include board games or field trips and one will include a course about Lacrosse. Highland Park also will offer early and late childcare from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 3 to 6 p.m. The camps are open to the public. Camp enrollment will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, so register your child today! Click here to learn more. If you have any questions, please contact Scottie Camp Director, Sara Henslee at email@example.com or (512) 414-1303.
G.R.E.A.T Summer Camp
- Members of the Austin ISD Police Department and the Austin Police Department Joint Juvenile Gang Intervention Unit will host the first ever Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T) summer program for elementary and middle school students, from June 11 to 15 at Widen Elementary School, 5605 Nuckols Crossing. G.R.E.A.T has been designed as a prevention strategy for student delinquency, violence and gang membership. The program also intends to target children before they are introduced to gangs and delinquent behavior. The summer component of the program will build on the school-based curriculum, by offering students an opportunity to enhance their social skills, by providing alternatives to gang involvement and by adding structure to their daily schedule during the summer months. Registration for G.R.E.A.T. is no longer available. To learn more about the program, please contact Lance Cox at 414-7438.
Summer Camps (Spanish and Other Languages):
Chinese with Meggie Chinese - Spanish Bilingual Camp (ages 6-8)
- Get your grade schooler ready for an increasingly international world with this unique bilingual class that teaches language and culture through hands-on activities. Visit www.chinesewithmeggie.com to learn more.
Latinitas Media Divas (ages 9-14)
- Girls interested in media arts have different weeklong sessions to choose from. Guest speakers, arts projects, and hands-on workshops help build the confidence and savvy necessary to make it in the world of journalism. Call (512) 447-4440 or visit www.latinitasmagazine.org to learn more.
Mexican American Cultural Center Summer Camps (ages 5-12)
- The goal of MACC camps is to foster a meaningful understanding and appreciation of Mexican American cultural arts and heritage. Daily activities in visual and performing arts classes reflect the session theme. Call (512) 974-3785 or visit www.maccaustin.org to learn more.
Live The Language Spanish Immersion Camps (ages 5-13)
- Students acquire the tools and foundation tof Spanish and attaininew levels of fluency. The camps put vocabulary and key phrases in real context, making Spanish relevant, practical and fun. The campu meets at “La Escuelita MKexicana,” located in Cherry Creek (7 minutes from South Central Market). Call (512)762-4907 or visit www.livethelanguage.org to learn more.
Austin International School Les Explorers Camp (ages 3-12)
- Get immersed in French or Spanish language and culture. Kids learn about foreign lands from native-speaking instructors in these half- or full-day camps. Call (512) 331-7806 or visit www.austininternationalschool.org to learn more.
Camp Vamonos (ages 5-11)
- Themed camps throughout the summer have all the fun kids could want including field trips and tons of hands-on play and learning, only it's in Spanish and English. Located in the Crestview neighborhood. Call (512) 453-8382 or visit www.campvamonos.com to learn more.
Verono Schoolhouse Spanish Camp (ages 3-7)
- Immerse your child in the Spanish language with a 2012 Summer Olympic theme. Games, crafts and song help the language education go down easy. Call (512) 417-4558 or visit www.veronaschoolhouseaustin.com to learn more.
Other Ways to Engage Your Child Over the Summer:
- Austin Public Library Vaya con Libros Program
- Reading Academy at Pickle Elementary School
- www.teacher.scholastic.com/activities/clf/index.htm This site offers games/activities and has some Spanish content
- www.colorincolorado.org/ families/ Bilingual section created to provide you with the information to help your child become a good reader and a successful student.
We will continue to post information about additional summer camps and activities. Check back for updates.