AISD and Region XIII Partner to Provide Counselor Certification Program
Austin ISD is proud to partner with Region XIII to establish the first cohort of the Professional School Counselor Certification program. The certification program allows participants to serve as working counselors under a probationary certificate while working around demanding schedules. Additionally, the program provides an opportunity to collaborate with a cohort of peers for networking. We invite you to be a part of this exciting initiative!
- Master’s degree with GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 3+ years successful teaching experience
- Three professional recommendations (One from current supervisor)
- Applications are due Feb. 28, 2013
- Coursework begins Summer 2013
- The internship in a counseling position takes place from August 2013 to June 2014. Scholarships may be available for accepted candidates.
Explore our program documents
- Application Selection Process (this is a two-part process)
- Counselor Certification Application
- Program Fees
- Recommendation Forms
Visit http://www.austinisd.org/hc/Counselor-Certification-Program to learn more.