Austin ISD’s English Language Learner Advisory Committee –commonly referred to as “ELLAC”– works to inform and advise the Board of Trustees on matters related to English Language Learners (ELLs).
- The committee has six specific functions:
- Hold regular meetings.
- Coordinate with other AISD advisory committees to share information and report on ELLAC activities.
- Help the school district make decisions on program planning, funding, staffing, designing, and evaluation of the district’s Bilingual and English as a Second Language program.
- Consult with the Bilingual/ESL administration before concerns, reports, and recommendations are submitted to the Superintendent or Board of Trustees.
- Help prepare and submit an annual report to the Superintendent.
- Help develop resources that educate parents, the community, and the district
ELLAC is composed of five membership categories:
- Parents of AISD students enrolled in ELL programs
- Community representatives.Representantes de la comunidad.
- Business representatives.
- Administrators representing elementary and secondary levels.
- Campus staff members, including Bilingual and ESL teachers.