English Language Learner Advisory Committee
Austin ISD’s English Language Learner Advisory Committee –commonly referred to as “ELLAC”– works to inform and advise the Board of Trustees on matters related to English Language Learners (ELLs).
- The committee has six specific functions:
- Hold regular meetings.
- Coordinate with other AISD advisory committees to share information and report on ELLAC activities.
- Help the school district make decisions on program planning, funding, staffing, designing, and evaluation of the district’s Bilingual and English as a Second Language program.
- Consult with the Bilingual/ESL administration before concerns, reports, and recommendations are submitted to the Superintendent or Board of Trustees.
- Help prepare and submit an annual report to the Superintendent.
- Help develop resources that educate parents, the community, and the district
ELLAC is composed of five membership categories:
- Parents of AISD students enrolled in ELL programs
- Community representatives.Representantes de la comunidad.
- Business representatives.
- Administrators representing elementary and secondary levels.
- Campus staff members, including Bilingual and ESL teachers.