- News and Highlights
- Academic Plan for ELLs
- Parent Resources
- Staff Resources
- English Language Learners Advisory Council (ELLAC)
- International Welcome Center (IWC)
- Cuauhtli Academy
- Events for Parents & Staff
- Reports / Data
Dual Language Enrollment 2017-18
- Students will participate in a rigorous academic program that accelerates their learning.
- Students will develop a high linguistic proficiency in two languages.
- Students will develop a high academic proficiency in two languages.
- Students will develop positive cross-cultural attitudes.
Austin ISD Dual Language students will develop a high academic and linguistic proficiency in two languages by participating in a rigorous academic program that enhances the development of bilingualism, biculturalism, and biliteracy so that students will graduate ready for college, career, and life in a globally competitive economy.
One-Way Dual Language supports “one language” group of students to become bilingual, bicultural , and biliterate. For example, students whose primary language is Spanish would learn in English and Spanish.
Two-Way Dual Language immersion is a biliteracy program model that integrates students proficient in English and students identified as limited English proficient. This model provides instruction in both English and Spanish, or another language, and transfers a student identified as limited English proficient to English-only instruction.
Click on the square at the top left of the map to see the list of schools.
For more information about the One-Way and Two-Way Immersion/Dual Language Program at Austin ISD, please email:
Claudia Kramer Santamaria, Assistant Director of Elementary Dual Language