Para español, visite la pagina www.EducaAustin.com.
About the Show
The Department of Communications and Community Engagement, in collaboration with The Sooch Foundation, H-E-B, and The MATT Foundation, launched a radio show program to better engage Spanish-dominant parents.
As a weekend show, Educa-Austin airs on Sundays from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on La Que Buena 104.3 FM. Click here to listen to past shows.
The goal of the radio show is to:
1) Help parents navigate Austin’s public education system;
2) Empower parents to become more effective advocates for their children’s education;
3) Highlight positive education news; and
4) Promote information about school events and district initiatives.
Funding for the show is based on a public-private model, with the majority of the cost being underwritten by foundations and partners.
- Pilot results (June to Sept. 2012)
- Post-launch findings (2012)
- Pre-launch findings (2011)
- Press Release: AISD Launches Educa-Austin Spanish radio show aimed at improving citywide, parental engagement
¡ahora sí!: AISD planea estación de radio en español