- Parent Information
- Conduct Code
- Dress Code
- Dropout Prevention and Reduction Initiative
- Lunch Menus
- PTA/PTSA Information
- After School Services
- Afterschool Programs
- Religion in the Schools
- School Supplies
- Student Health Services
- Student Registration
- Summer School
- Support for Families of Students with Disabilities
- Transfer Information
- Diversity Choice - Opción de Diversidad
- Facility Use
Education is just the beginning at Austin ISD. Our full-day Pre-K, after-school programs with meals, free college classes and extracurricular activities give students the resources they need to achieve more than they ever dreamed. Join the AISD family and register today!
Pre-K at Austin ISD is about so much more than colors, letters and shapes. Students in Pre-K learn complex skills including problem-solving, verbal expression, language fluency, self-regulation and writing. Find out which campus your child will attend and what to bring when you register.
Austin ISD offers a network of free before- and after-school programs through ACE and Prime Time that provide structured, safe and supervised places for learning and social interaction. Innovative, hands-on activities reinforce and complement students' regular academic programs and help them prepare for college and the workplace.
Free College Classes
Through a partnership with Austin Community College, Austin ISD students enrolled in an Early College High School can take free college classes that also satisfy high school requirements. ECHS is offered at LBJ and Reagan high schools, where students can earn both a high school diploma and an associate degree in four years.
From Creative Learning Initiative fine arts programming to UIL athletics, Austin ISD offers a robust menu of extracurricular activities. Students develop leadership and critical thinking skills that support their academic performance and prepare them to be college- and career-ready.
Enrolling your student for the 2015–16 school year:
- Access the AISD Parent Cloud to register your student or sign up for a Parent Cloud account.
- Search by address to find out which school your child will attend.
- Gather your documents: All students new to Austin ISD must provide a birth certificate, current record of immunizations, child's last report card, proof of address (rental contract or utility bill with valid address), parent photo identification or driver's license and the child's Social Security Card (optional).
- Get information regarding the enrollment of students in foster care or under the guardianship of DFPS.
How may we help? If you have questions about registration, please call the AISD Office of Student Services at 512-414-1726.
BEGINNING OF SCHOOL
Monday, August 25, 2014
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
For students new to AISD or current AISD students who have moved or transferred during the summer.
Wednesday, August 13, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., and
Weekdays, August 11 - 15, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Middle School
Wednesday, August 13, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- High School
Tuesday, August 12, and
Wednesday, August 13, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
For all students new to a campus or new to AISD; BUS ROUTES WILL RUN. New student orientation is offered:
Middle Schools - Friday, August 15,
8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
High Schools - Friday, August 15,
9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
Back-to-School Night allows parents to meet their child's teacher(s) and learn about some of their child's classes or coursework.
- Elementary Schools - Date, time, and duration to be announced by individual campuses. Should not conflict with Secondary Back to School Nights.
- Middle Schools - Tuesday, September 9.*
- High Schools - Wednesday, September 10.*
* Time and duration to be announced by individual campuses.
BREAKFAST & LUNCH
Austin ISD cafeterias will serve breakfast and lunch beginning on the first day of school.
Contact your child's school for prices.
Free and reduced price meals will be available to students of families meeting federal income guidelines. Applications, guidelines, and information are available at schools.
For more information, please contact your campus directly.
For a list of AISD campuses and contact information, click here.