- 2012-13 Annual Academic and Facilities Recommendations
- 2013-14 Annual Academic and Facilities Recommendations
- 2013-14 Preliminary, Potential AAFRs
- Community Engagement
- En Español
The Superintendent proposed six, 2012-13 Annual Academic and Facilities Recommendations at the Dec. 5 Board Meeting. At the Dec. 12 meeting, the Board voted to approve five AAFRs including an in-district charter program with Responsive Education Solutions. An explanation of that recommendation follows below:
In-District Charter: Graduation Pathways Education Program
- The recommended delivery model for this scenario is an in-district charter program agreement with Responsive Education Solutions serving Travis and Lanier High Schools.
- The graduation pathway program focuses on the learning process in learning centers. Emphasizing a personalized approach, the program delivers individual students a prescribed course of study. Using individualized curriculum plans, as well as direct teaching, paper-based curriculum and computer-based instruction, students recover credits, accelerate credit accrual and receive high dosage tutoring in math and other needed areas.
More information about this approved AAFR will be posted as it becomes available. Please continue to check back for updates.
After receiving Board approval in December, the district administration will begin planning and implementation for the coming school year. The implementation process will include outreach to affected schools and communities as well as planning, preparation and action phases over the coming year. Please continue to check back for updates.