- About Dual Language
- ¡Adelante! Conference
- EL/LEP Summer School Program 2013
- Parent Resources
- Participating Schools
- Contact Information
- Teacher Resources
- Enrollment Information
ABOUT DUAL LANGUAGE
Two-Way Dual Language Program Applications must be turned in, by parent(s)/guardian(s), to
AISD Student Services Office, Building A (on the 2nd floor)
Address: , 1111 West 6th Street, Austin, Texas 78703
Our Vision/Program Goals
- Students will develop a high linguistic proficiency in two languages.
- Students will develop a high academic proficiency in two languages.
- Students will develop positive cross-cultural attitudes.
- Students will participate in a rigorous academic program that accelerates their learning
Austin ISD Dual Language students will develop a high academic and linguistic proficiency in two languages by participating in a rigorous academic program that enhances the development of bilingualism, biculturalism, and biliteracy so that students will graduate ready for college, career, and life in a globally competitive economy.
One-Way Dual Language supports “one language” groups of students to become bilingual, bicultural , and biliterate. For example, students whose primary language is Spanish would learn in English and Spanish.
Two-Way Dual Language supports “two language” groups of students to become bilingual, bicultural, and biliterate. For example, an equal number of Spanish-speaking and English-speaking students would learn in both languages.
AISD Dual Language Instructional Model
The Dual Language Instructional Model will be implemented in both the OneWay and Two-Way Dual Language classrooms.
- Reading and Language Arts
- Pre-K, K and grade 1 – In native language only
- Grades 2 through 5 – In both languages
- Pre-K through grade 5 – In English
- Science & Social Studies
- Pre-K through grade 5 – in Spanish